Friday 23 April 2010

Green Green Grass of Home

1.00am  Sitting in my comfy bed thinking about the events of the last few days and wondering if I will ever get to sleep tonight.  For those who laughed when I said I had jet lag sussed and that I had found the answer (for me anyway) ..... okay you get the last laugh!  My pill induced sleep on the plane didn't quite go according to plan, partly the result of my young friend sitting next to me, who in the midst of my deep slumber, hit panic mode when she realised she had lost her diamond ring.  There followed a succcession of up, down, in and out as we searched, disected and researched our immediate area - through bags, under seats, between seats, etc .... and repeated at least 3 or 4 times!!  By the time I sat down again I was wide awake, and the effects of my little blue pill didn't hit me again until I was on the train to York. But I didn't want to be the example of the snoring, dribbling traveller who misses her stop and wakes up in Newcastle ... or wherever!  So I battled the effect somehow but finally had to give in once I got home to my cute little loved refuge .... and collapsed in my bed until early evening.  And now I am wide awake.

So I need to report that my feet, fortunately, didn't explode mid air and they are much more recognizable now!  I heave a mighty sigh of relief.  Even the search dog kept refusing to sniff at me!!  But spending hours in an airport for 2 successive days, finally getting on the plane and finding room for everyone's excessive hand luggage and then having to suffer the indignity of the plane returning to the Gate as the door was compromised - what a lesson in,  - hmmmmm, not to travel!!  90 minutes of a team of engineers finally opening the suspect door and locaing and removing a small stone/pebble - incredile.  And then 30 minutes more for the paperwork to be completed and signed off.  To a resounding cheer from the passengers, out flight finally took off 4 days 1 hour and 30 minutes late.

Very productive evening of phonecalls and thank yous for my plants being looked after and a bag of goodies left at the back door and dipping into Thich Nhat Hanh  - doing my best to feel rested and hopefully sleep .....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment