Thursday 31 December 2009

December 31st 2009 ...... New Year's Eve

So it has been quite a while since my last posting and many weary trails have been trodden during that time, but as midnight approaches I am taking some moments for reflection.  My Blog is entitled Searching for Peace and I am questioning whether I am there yet? Superficially, to a degree, but events over the last few weeks confirm that I have rather a long road to walk yet until the inner peace I have craved for months is achieved.  Daily I ask that this will happen.

On a lighter note, the arrival of snow in York 2 weeks ago, caused me to nearly pack my bags and head for Hawaii!!  I can probably say with a fair degree of certainty, that I was the only person in the city who drew back my curtains that morning and uttered the words, "Oh no!!!!"  However I forced myself out for a walk and soon appreciated that it was certainly pretty and was the catalyst for many smiling faces out and about ..... and that was just the dogs!  As I photographed the fields I smiled to myself that it would all be gone in a couple of days.  How wrong could I be???  2 weeks later there are still some treacherous stretches of icy paths and many rather sad looking snowmen no longer standing to attention with pride, but rather trying to hide with embarrassment.

Midnight .... Happy New Year to Everyone.  The sky outside my window is filled with the resounding bangs and crashes of large fireworks as a local pub heralds the arrival of 2010. Sounds vaguely like the drummers of a local band have lost their sense of rhythm but not their enthusiasm!  Must be building to a climax - the machine gun is rampant.

Tomorrow when I wake up it will be the start of a new year, a new decade and hopefully the start of more structure and routine to my life. More to follow .....

No comments:

Post a Comment